Many believe that Michelle Carter’s mental illness caused her to convince her boyfriend to commit suicide. She was sentenced to 2.5 years in prison for her actions. In June 2017, a psychiatrist testified that Carter was prescribed antidepressants that made it difficult for her to empathize and make rational decisions. Michelle was taking Celexa, a drug that treats depression and anxiety.
Celexa has been used in Europe since 1989 and was introduced in the United States in 1998. Some people consider suicide when they first start taking the drug. Carter started taking the Celexa in 2014, right before her former boyfriend, Conrad Roy, committed suicide. Celexa can inhibit impulse control, cause sleep problems and increase sweating.
|Michelle Carter Mental Illness|
Prosecutors presented more than 1,000 text messages that showed Carter persuading Conrad to commit suicide. Carter’s attorney argued that Conrad would have committed suicide with or without Michelle’s input. The following tweet explains that Carter should have received at least 5 years for her actions.
#MichelleCarter deserves to get 5 years for her evil behavior and 2 extra years for those damn eyebrows
— Deplorable Dr. Evil (@DoctorEvil_1995) August 3, 2017
This situation reminds us how important it is to help others. If you have a friend or family member going through difficult times, please be careful what you say. Your words are more powerful than you think.
What do you think about Michelle Carter’s mental illness? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
You May Like
- Tanisha Cleveland My 600 lb Life Now
- AJ Green Wife Miranda Brooke
- Street Bud – Mom Cori, Age, Real Name, The Rap Game
- Who Won The Rap Game Season 4?
- Drake Snapchat Name – 2018
- Did Lyrica Anderson File For Divorce From A1 Bentley?
- Aqualeo Rap A Lot Vs Tekashi69 (LAX Brawl)
- 6ix9ine – Age, Net Worth, Bio, Ethnicity, Tekashi69
- Tupac Net Worth Today – After Death, 2018
- Glenn Tyndell Brandywine Police Shooting