Gary Evans is a fictional character in BET’s The New Edition Story. In the mini-series, Evans is portrayed by actor, Michael Rapaport. Many believe the character is based on Steven and Martin Machats. New Edition hired the law firm of Steven and Martin Machat in the 1980s to sue Streetwise Records.
New Edition signed to Arthur Baker’s Streetwise Records after winning multiple talent contests. Baker gave the group $500 and a Betamax, an old school video player. After being released from the contract the group signed with Streetwise, the Machats secured a contract with MCA Records.
|Gary Evans Music Manager Of New Edition|
The tweet below explains that Machat was the group’s manager from 1983 to 1989:
JUST FINISHED PART 2 OF MY INTERVIEW WITH STEVEN MACHAT, MANAGER OF NEW EDITION 1983-1989. TO BE CONTINUED
— NewEditionHistorian (@ROBNEHISTORIAN) September 15, 2010
@Daisijayne @cruzrobert777 Did Steven Machat manage Quiet Riot he was a rock & roll manager & managed New Edition in the 80’s too?
— Jermaine Harding (@JermaineHarding) March 3, 2016
You May Like
- XXXTentacion And Drake Beef – Exposed? Gay? Bruce?
- How Much Is Mo’Nique Worth Right Now?
- Chadwick Boseman Wife Taylor Simone Ledward
- How Much Has Black Panther Made (So Far)?
- Tanisha Cleveland My 600 lb Life Now
- AJ Green Wife Miranda Brooke
- Street Bud – Mom Cori, Age, Real Name, The Rap Game
- Who Won The Rap Game Season 4?
- Drake Snapchat Name – 2018
- Did Lyrica Anderson File For Divorce From A1 Bentley?