The red dot on Instagram means that accounts that you have enabled notification for, have posted photos that you haven’t seen. If the people you follow in Instagram update their accounts as often as my friends, you may want to turn off notifications. Last week, Instagram celebrated its 6-year anniversary.
Instagram was acquired by Facebook in 2012 and since then the app has been through some significant changes. With nearly 2 billion active users, Facebook can do anything it pleases and Instagram is following suit. The image messaging app’s algorithm changes led users to beg their followers to turn on notifications and now we’re seeing how problematic alerts can be.
|What Does The Red Dot Mean On Instagram?|
We stopped reading emails when spam flooded our accounts decades ago. Getting someone to read an email these days is like pulling teeth. We want full control of the content we see and don’t see. Notifications force our hands, making the content we consume less enjoyable.
Here’s how Twitter responded to the red dot:
Can someone tell me what this red dot next to my name on Instagram means? And how to get rid of it?
— J Graceffa-Preda (@jgraceffapreda) November 10, 2016
What the heck is the red dot on #instagram and WHY has it moved!?
— Catherine (@xcatjane) November 10, 2016
Aaaaaaaargh! What does that red dot even mean? An Instagram alien just sent to drive me mad? What? @meandorla help! pic.twitter.com/FSqCNk153Q
— Alfie’s Studio (@alfiesstudio) November 10, 2016
You May Like
- Drake Snapchat Name – 2018
- Did Lyrica Anderson File For Divorce From A1 Bentley?
- Aqualeo Rap A Lot Vs Tekashi69 (LAX Brawl)
- 6ix9ine – Age, Net Worth, Bio, Ethnicity, Tekashi69
- Tupac Net Worth Today – After Death, 2018
- Glenn Tyndell Brandywine Police Shooting
- 10 Blac Chyna Memes That Will Keep You Laughing For Hours
- Cardi B Dancing To Fergie’s National Anthem (Video)
- Is David Hogg A Crisis Actor? Redono Shores High School
- Lisa Fleming My 600 lb Life