Here’s a roundup of stories, involving Muslims, that you need to know about:
CNN reports that a young group of Muslims created a crowdfunding campaign to rebuild burned black churches in the South. The group raised over $100,000.
Independent reports that hundreds of Muslims marched in London to condemn terrorism. The anti-Isis march did not receive mainstream media coverage.
According to Brand Channel, McDonald’s has an extensive Muslim base. The company uses the month of fasting to corner the market:
Here are some celebrities who are Muslim:
- Janet Jackson converted to Islam last year. Back in 2012 she married Muslim billionaire, Wissam Al Mana.
- Shaquille O’Neal rarely discusses the fact that he is a Muslim. Back in 2010 he mentioned his plans to travel to Mecca.
- Muhammad Ali was a devout Muslim. He is remembered as the true face of Islam.
- Zayn Malik is currently one of the most popular Muslims in pop culture.
- Dave Chappelle converted to Islam in 1998. He doesn’t discuss his religion publicly because he doesn’t want people to associate his flaws with “this beautiful thing.”