The #MeToo movement is TIME magazine’s Person of the Year. The Harvey Weinstein scandal gave the “Silencer Breakers” the platform to share their stories. In October, Alyssa Milano suggest that people use #MeToo to share their stories of sexual assault and since then numerous entertainers have been exposed.
People are posting Me Too as their Facebook status because of the Harvey Weinstein case. As a part of the #MeToo trend, people are sharing their stories of abuse. Social media makes it easier for people to share their voices and helps us to shed light on inappropriate activity. Hollywood is coming together against Weinstein and sexual assault.
Actress Alyssa Milano used Twitter to share the idea. She advised women to share their stories of sexual assault with the words Me Too. The trend spread to Facebook and Instagram quickly. I have read numerous sad stories and can’t stop crying.
|Why Are People Posting Me Too On Facebook Status?|
Women are no longer gonna take it. Harvey Weinstein was allowed to break the law for decades and should spend the rest of his life in jail. He shouldn’t be allowed to play victim. Weinstein’s contract basically allowed him to sexually assault women.
There are talented women that were never able to accomplish their goals because of Weinstein’s power.
Don’t say you have a mother, a sister, a daughter…
Say you have a father, a brother, a son who can do better.
We all can.#MeToo
— Nick Jack Pappas (@Pappiness) October 16, 2017
The tweet above explains the role that men can play in this trend. Men have to teach each other to treat women with more respect.
What do you think about the Me Too Facebook trend? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
You May Like
- Drake Snapchat Name – 2018
- Did Lyrica Anderson File For Divorce From A1 Bentley?
- Aqualeo Rap A Lot Vs Tekashi69 (LAX Brawl)
- 6ix9ine – Age, Net Worth, Bio, Ethnicity, Tekashi69
- Tupac Net Worth Today – After Death, 2018
- Glenn Tyndell Brandywine Police Shooting
- 10 Blac Chyna Memes That Will Keep You Laughing For Hours
- Cardi B Dancing To Fergie’s National Anthem (Video)
- Is David Hogg A Crisis Actor? Redono Shores High School
- Lisa Fleming My 600 lb Life