On Saturday, September 23, 2017, Bruce Maxwell became the first MLB player to kneel during the national anthem. Maxwell is the catcher for the Oakland Athletics. He is black and was born on December 20, 1990. Bruce was born in Germany while his father was stationed there with the U.S. Army, making the catcher’s actions more interesting.
Maxwell’s 2017 base salary is $535,000. Professional athletes, from LeBron James to Seth DeValve are standing up to Donald Trump and racism in America. Chris Paul called out the president after he told Stephen Curry that he was uninvited to the White House. Richard Sherman of the Seattle Seahawks also responded to Trump’s rant.
|Bruce Maxwell Parents Race Salary Kneeling During National Anthem|
The tweet below explains that there are numerous veteran black baseball players that failed to step up by kneeling during the anthem. Less than 10 percent of MLB players are African American, making Bruce’s decision more impactful. Maxwell made Jackie Robinson proud and sent a powerful message to Trump and the entire nation.
Bruce Maxwell. Remember that name. Of all the veteran black players in @MLB, a dude who has played in 104 career games, stepped up.
— Jay Scott Smith (@JayScottSmith) September 24, 2017
Trump called for the firing of professional athletes who kneel during the anthem. His speech upset many but it’s bringing us together. United we stand. United we stand against Donald Trump.
What do you think about Bruce Maxwell kneeling during the National Anthem? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
You May Like
- Drake Snapchat Name – 2018
- Did Lyrica Anderson File For Divorce From A1 Bentley?
- Aqualeo Rap A Lot Vs Tekashi69 (LAX Brawl)
- 6ix9ine – Age, Net Worth, Bio, Ethnicity, Tekashi69
- Tupac Net Worth Today – After Death, 2018
- Glenn Tyndell Brandywine Police Shooting
- 10 Blac Chyna Memes That Will Keep You Laughing For Hours
- Cardi B Dancing To Fergie’s National Anthem (Video)
- Is David Hogg A Crisis Actor? Redono Shores High School
- Lisa Fleming My 600 lb Life