Mena Massoud was born in Egypt and grew up in Canada. His race, ethnicity and nationality became a topic of conversation after he was announced as the new Aladdin. Will Smith will play the Genie in the movie while Naomi Scott will play Princess Jasmine. It will be great to see Will Smith in a new movie. He’ll also appear as Scott Ward in the upcoming fantasy film, Bright.
Mena landed his first role in 2011 on The CW series, Nikita. The series aired from 2010 to 2013. In 2011 he also appeared on Poser, Combat Hospital, The 99 and What Happens Next. The new Aladdin movie is scheduled to release in 2018. Will Smith has some huge shoes to fill. Robin Williams played Genie in the original 1992 version of the film.
|Mena Massoud Ethnicity Nationality Bio|
Twitter’s reaction was classic as usual. The following tweet calls Naomi Scott out for being Indian and white. The post explains that Jasmine is middle eastern, not white. It’s sad that this is still an issue in 2017. I’m surprised Disney was willing to make a new Aladdin movie considering the current racial tension around the world. Maybe it’s exactly what the world needs.
This is Naomi Scott. She is Indian, and white.
— Hamza Mussé (@HamzaMusse) July 15, 2017
Do you have a problem with Naomi Scott playing Jasmine? I can’t wait until 2018! The debates surrounding the film will continue to intensify and no one will care about the actual movie.
What do you think about Mena Massoud playing Aladdin? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
You May Like
- Drake Snapchat Name – 2018
- Did Lyrica Anderson File For Divorce From A1 Bentley?
- Aqualeo Rap A Lot Vs Tekashi69 (LAX Brawl)
- 6ix9ine – Age, Net Worth, Bio, Ethnicity, Tekashi69
- Tupac Net Worth Today – After Death, 2018
- Glenn Tyndell Brandywine Police Shooting
- 10 Blac Chyna Memes That Will Keep You Laughing For Hours
- Cardi B Dancing To Fergie’s National Anthem (Video)
- Is David Hogg A Crisis Actor? Redono Shores High School
- Lisa Fleming My 600 lb Life