Time doesn't stop for anyone. Empire's second season flew by! The sad news is that we'll most likely have to wait until September 2016 for the show's third season to start.
Similar to this past season the show will most likely take a midseason break in December 2016 and return in March or April 2017.
Top question after @empirefox's season finale: "When does season 2 start?" http://t.co/HyfCt7Ogx5 #GoogleTrends pic.twitter.com/zLNn5ri07N— Google (@google) March 20, 2015
The third season of the show will most likely include 22 episodes. Let's take a look at the show's Top 10 Instagram post:
10. When Cookie and Lucious took it to another level.
9. United we stand. There's nothing like seeing these three on the same side.
8. When we met Skye Summers. We loved her but this led to Jamal's #FlipFlop issues.
7. When they picked up where they left off. The midseason break was far too long.
6. When Cookie told Jamal the meaning of his last name. Will Andre and Cookie ever have to prove their musical abilities to keep their last name?
5. When Jamal and Hakeem made the song cry. Good People v. Chasing The Sky for Song of the Season.
4. The season is just about over and we're still wondering #WhoPushedRhonda
3. When Lucious proved he was above the law. When Thirsty's on your team impossible is nothing.
2. When Hakeem and Laura made us swoon. The two were meant for each other. Sorry Tiana.
1. Fine, fierce and fearless. You can't keep Cookie down!